As a District Manager, you have been granted access to add, manage, and edit:
- Store Locations
- Store Manager
- and Add Units
Add a Store Location
The next step is to set up store locations.
The “Locations” section provides options of adding locations, as well as editing those locations, if need be.
- Store Location email will not appear visible on the website. They are for the purpose of invoicing only. Should the user wish to add multiple location emails, please separate emails with a comma and NO SPACES.
- Both Corporate and District Managers are able to and must select methods of payments for each store location added.
- Should you wish to upload a video of the store location, please remember the video must be channeled through a YouTube link.
- It is always beneficial for Sellers to provide information about the store location such as:
- Drive in storage facilities
- Hidden entrance
- Indoor/outdoor storage
- Parking, etc.
Assign Store Managers
Corporate and District Managers have the access to add Store Managers. Once the District Managers have been added, the Store Managers can be assigned their store location, district, and their District Manager.
The “Store Manager” tab also allows users to edit Store Manager information if need be.
Enter Store Manager Information
First enter the Store Managers personal information:
- Their username, which should be the name of the facility
- Their work email
- The password they will use
- Their first and last name
- Their work phone number
Fill out all fields marked with a red asterisks.
Enter Store Location Information
Assign a District Manager to allow the subsequent store locations to appear.
Then select which store location the Store Manager will be assigned to.
Add New Unit: Enter Location and Price Information
Enter all necessary fields, marked with a red asterisk.
- Choose the location where the auction is being held, by clicking the drop down arrow.
- Should you choose to mask the Unit ID for security purposes, simply click “Use Mask ID”. Our system will generate an “IB” false unit number. The real ID will be kept between iBid4Storage and the facility.
- The Seller is free to set bids at any amount they wish. It is iBid4Storage’s suggestion that starting prices be set lower to encourage competitive bidding and a higher selling price.
Add New Unit: Enter Date and Time Information
Enter all necessary fields, marked with a red asterisk.
4. Sellers may set start/end dates whenever they please, however the following tips are recommended:
- The first time a Seller loads a unit, iBid4Storage recommends running the auction for 7-10 days. After a couple auction uploads, setting an auctions start and end time in between 3-5 days, is enough to have a locker sold and cleared out, and available for rent once more.
- Remember to NOT set an end date on statutory holidays, or when the facility is closed.
- A preview stage of one 1-2 weeks compliments legal advertising and encourages tenants to pay their arrears.
5. Sellers may set start/end times whenever they please, though it is best leave 2-3 hours before the facility closes, should the winning bidder wish to call the facility immediately.
- Should multiple units close on the same day, it is suggested the Seller select end times for each unit approximiatly 10 mins apart. This ensures all bidders have a fair chance of entering their final bids.
- (EXAMPLE: Unit 1 ends at 2:00 p.m. , Unit 2 ends at 2:10 p.m. , Unit 3 ends at 2:20 p.m. etc.)
Add New Unit: Enter Additional Features and Description
9. Additional Features is where Sellers may include any additional information they feel the bidder should know about the unit. (eg. the unit is heated, climate controlled, drive-up unit, etc.)
10. If the unit does not have any obvious valuables, it is recommended that the Seller provide a description of the unseen valuables, if possible. If the unit contains boxes, garbage bags and/or totes, simply list as “Household Items”.
Add New Unit: Buy it Now Pricing Options
11. Enable a “Buy It Now” option for the unit. If enabled, the “But It Now” button will appear on the auction page for the unit, allowing a bidder to avoid a bidding war and to be awarded the unit immediately.
Please note the “Buy It Now” option is for Canadian facilities only.
Add New Unit: Bid Notifications
By checking this box, the Seller will receive an email each time a bid has been placed on a specific unit. Alternatively, if the Seller does not wish to be updated, the Seller can watch ALL the bidding take place live, on iBid4Storage.com
Click “Add Unit”
Please review all data entered.
Clicking “ADD UNIT” will save all data entered.
If you do not click “ADD UNIT” any data entered will not be saved.
Add New Unit: Upload Image
Once the unit information has been added and saved, Seller’s can start to upload their pictures.
Take images (photographs) from the outside of the locker door and be sure to take them at different angles (left, right, top, bottom). With iBid4Storage’s zoom-in camera feature for Buyers, this will enable them to see as much as possible within the unit!
14. Click “BROWSE” to upload the first image of your unit.
15. To upload more images click “Go To Unit”
Add New Unit: Adding Multiple Images
16. Should a Seller wish to edit their uploaded pictures, they can do so with the controls located beneath the picture. This enables Sellers to delete or rotate their pictures.
17. To add multiple photos, simply click the “BROWSE” button and select as many photos as necessary by holding “Ctrl” on your keyboard and selecting multiple photos, or by highlighting all desired photos.
With this feature, Sellers are able to upload as many pictures as possible at once.
18. Press “Finish and Refresh” to view all uploaded pictures and have the ability sort pictures in the order you see best.